Sunday, May 13, 2012

Blog #25: Service Learning.

Literal.

Contact:

Maram Massam
BeDazzle My Events
(909)263-3533

Edgar Sabinon
Colette's at the Meridian Club
(714)273-8788

Interpretive.

Q: What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?
A: The most important thing I gained through my service learning was the experience of working in the event planning industry. I am really happy with the opportunity I got to work with an amazing staff at Colette's and getting to be behind the scenes of events and seeing the final outcome. It made me realize that after long days of working it was still a job that anyone would enjoy doing. 

Applied.

Q: How did what you did help you answer your EQ?
A: Being a shadow to both Edgar and April at Colette't taught me a lot about planning the event and actually executing the event. April taught me all the small details that go into planning with the client and how its really important to be in a consensus with the clients, whereas Edgar taught me a lot about going through the BEO (timeline & checklist) before the event and going over it and checking everything is in place. Since I did change my essential question from, what is most important on being a successful event planner to what is most important in planning a successful social market event; being behind the scenes and actually working the events it helped me a lot with my answers. I know that having consensus with your client while planning the event and following the timeline the event would be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment