Thursday, May 24, 2012

Blog #27: Senior Project Reflection.

1. Positive Statement

Two-Hour: I am really proud of the room decoration and activity. The winter formal decorations really helped set the mood of an actual event and it really helped having that wow factor into my presentation. Also my activity had great feedback from the students that were in my presentation they really enjoyed being able to have a hands-on experience planning an event. I am just proud that people enjoyed being in my presentation because that was my goal I didn't want to let anyone down, and hopefully I didn't.

Senior Project:I am just proud go my senior project overall, I did my senior project on a toic that was not easy at all. It was a topic that no one has really done it so I really didn't have anyone else's senior project to guide me, so I had to start from scratch. It was a struggle to find service learning and I only had a month to meet the 50 hour requirements forcing me to do 9 hour days at Colette's at the Meridian Club working like all the other employees, but I finish my hours on time and I feel it shows all the hard work I had to put in in order to finish everything on time. I really made my senior project a priority and never did i miss a deadline and I really do feel all my hard work was done with above and beyond work and I am really proud of my final product.

2.

Two-Hour: I feel as all my work that went to my two hour would be AE material, but I feel as if I had trouble really going into detail with event planning being my topic. So I feel I deserve at least a P+  because I am aware that I did have repeat myself a bit and I struggle with the time (BUT I met it) but I did work really hard with my topic since my EQ was talking about steps and event planner has to take in order to plan a successful event its really straight forward.  Besides that I really think I went above and beyond with the room creativity and the activities, I got really great feedback about the activities so I am really pleased with that. ALSO I feel I was prepared on time and just prepared overall because Pang really comment on my speaking skills and how I was confident and that was a great compliment. So I did struggle a bit meeting time but I did it and people enjoyed it so I am happy with the outcome.

Senior Project: AE, without a doubt. I think it shows that I really put my senior project as a priority always doing above and beyond work and turning everything on time. I really took my time doing every component that was for my senior project knowing that it will affect my grade overall. I never let myself lag it on my senior project because it was such an important part of my senior year, and it was also something that I really enjoy doing and I dint feel obligated.  I really hope all the teachers go over every thing I did this year from my blog, to independent components, service learning and research because it really shows I worked really hard.

3.
What worked for me was being able to contact so many great and successful people in the event planning industry. They really did help me on gaining knowledge and on getting a better understanding of the industry. They were all willing to help me out and I was really shocked they were but I am really thankful to had met them because they really did help make my senior project a success.

4.
This one s hard, because I truly do feel the whole senior project worked for me. The WB, three column,towers, research, interviews, service learning and independent components all played a huge role and they all helped me come up with my answers and product in every aspect, so I really do feel everything worked for me.

5.
Senior project has really opened many doors in the event planning industry so I am taking with me the knowledge and the experience I gained at Colette's that could possibly be a job opportunity in the future. Event planning has just become something that I would like to keep doing after my senior year.

No comments:

Post a Comment