Sunday, September 25, 2011

Blog #4: Presentation Refelection.

Q: In what way did your first interview affect your presentation?
A: It affected by the way that my first interview with the professor of Hospitality and Management of Mt.Sac, Dr. Fawaz Al-Malood was mainly about being experienced in order to be successful in the event planning field. I talked about a personal experience that I planned an event. So I focus on the set up of my quinceanera. My interviewee made it clear that a person with a degree and no experience versus a person that has both will a a more successful career than the other one. So that is why Purther helped me come up with the idea of talking about my personal experience of this event in my life.

Q: What you say stood out about your presentation performance and why?
A: I will have to say that I spoke with experience. That I talked about something that had to deal with my topic and something that had happened to me. It wasn't all scripted, even though I was nervous about forgetting to mention something I was there that day so I did know what I was talking about.

Q: What was the most challenging to do and why?
A: Knowing what my 5 minute presentation will be about! I wanted to talk about what a wedding consist of , and talk about all the small details that an event planner has to be planned. I wasn't realistic enough to think that five minutes isn't enough to talk about what goes in a wedding. I have learned so much on my research that I wanted to tell the class about it. I was stressing about what I would talk for five minutes and was still stressing the day of the presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment