Sunday, September 11, 2011

Blog #2: Interview Check.

Q: Who are you interviewing and why?
A: I am interviewing a hospitality professor either at Cal Poly or Mt.Sac. Hospitality consists of a broad  category of fields and event planning is one of them. I think that interviewing a hospitality professor will open a lot of doors for my interviews and service learning later on. I was planning on interviewing an actual event planner first but then my sister suggested to start with the broad profession of event planning which is hospitality so I can get more information about it and more contacts, so why not just interview a professor that knows all the aspects of event planning. 

Q: What additional questions will you ask them?
A: Besides the 5 questions I will ask the professor :
  • What made you decide becoming a  hospitality professional ?
  • What steps as a student do you have to take in order to graduate with a hospitality degree?
  • What category of hospitality do you think it's the most common in our community?
  • What does a person wanting to pursue having their own event planning business have to do in order to accomplish it?
  • Where are some event planning courses that I can take for my independent components?

No comments:

Post a Comment