Thursday, March 8, 2012

Blog #18: The Product.

Outcome:
My outcome as of now is that I know how to get valuable contacts in the Event Planning Industry.

Contacting professionals in the event planning industry is very important for my senior project as well as my future if I decide to pursue a career in the field of event planning.

Evidence:
Everything I have done this year has such as my interviews, independent component and service learning is thanks to the contacts I have acquired through the past six months.

Service Learning.
For service learning my mentor is Maram, who is a professional event planner and owns her own event planning business. I haven't been able to help her as much as I would like her but when I did, I gained experience of actually setting up for an event. She is not only helping me acquire my 5o hours of service learning but with interviews and my science experiment.
Independent Component.
For Winter Formal I needed to get in contact with many venues which most of them are managed by event planners, April from Colette's was a huge help not only in the planning for winter formal but my science experiment as well.
Interviews.
Dr. Al-Mood, Maram and Natalie have been three interviews that have helped me so much in my senior project, not only in the interview aspect but with research, science experiment and 2 hour presentation.

Obtaining contact in industries such as event planning will help you in the future, by having referrals in a future career and most importantly in my senior project overall.





No comments:

Post a Comment